The C. H. Booth Library is situated in Newtown, CT, which has a population of about 28,000. We primarily serve the town and surrounding community.
Our mission is to promote the joy of lifelong learning, stimulate curiosity, support the exchange of ideas, and provide a welcoming gathering place for our community. We strive to serve everyone in our community – whether you visit us in person, chat with us online, browse the shelves, or request only the newest ebooks! We may or may not see you come through our doors, but either way, we’re here for you.
Our job is to provide equitable access to information, and to help you connect with that information, with each other, with the community, and with the world. We do this by ensuring you have access to a wide variety of content, materials, digital tools & equipment, and resources; events, programs, and speakers; even referrals to other community partners and organizations. We meet and anticipate our community’s needs, and serve those needs as best we can. And we do all of this while maintaining your privacy and providing excellent customer service.
At the C. H. Booth Library, we connect you with people, information, entertainment, and community, to help you live your best life. Are you…
- Teaching your child how to read?
- Rewriting your resume while slogging through a new job hunt?
- Creating your first Facebook account so you can keep up with your grandkids?
- Choosing an audiobook to entertain your family on a long roadtrip?
- Looking for a cookbook and some thrilling movies for date night?
- Exploring other possibilities and excited to discover something new?
Then you’re in luck! Our expert staff are here for you, and ready to help.