Calling all Makers!
Coming soon- SIX NEW SEWING MACHINES!!!
chbMAKERS is a gathering place where you can discover new skills, create your own projects and network with other makers in our community.
chbMAKERS is currently located just beyond the YA Department on the 2nd floor. It was made possible through a generous anonymous gift and also funded by GE Capital and fundraising efforts of the CH Booth Library’s Board of Trustees. chbMAKERS provides free access to new technologies and materials that allow you to learn new skills, create your own projects and connect with other makers in the community.
The chbMAKERS’ Corner is stocked with an array of devices to provide users with options to explore a variety of new technologies. Once you’ve been trained on using some or all of the equipment you’ll be able to make an appointment to use the equipment on your own. Please call the library at 203-426-4533 for availability.
What we have:
- Afinia H480 3D Printer (Watch a video here)
- Afinia H800 3D Printer (Watch a video here)
- Arduino Starter Kits
- Button Maker (1.5″, 2.0″ and 3″)
- Computers with Scratch Tutorials
- Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- Digital Video Camera
- Duct Tape Make & Take Kit
- Green Screen with Studio Lights
- Kapla Blocks
- Kinetic Sand
- littleBits Educational Package
- Magnetic Blocks
- Origami Make & Take Kit
- Rainbow Loom Make & Take Kit
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kits
- Soldering Irons
Sign up for 3D printer training by calling the library at 203-426-4533
Already trained? Schedule time on the 3D printer at the number listed above.