Good News! We’re expanding!
As of May 2019, chbMAKERS is currently under construction, to bring you even more amazing opportunities to create and connect through your hometown library. We appreciate your patience during this process, and hope you’ll bear with us while the space is being transformed.
Calling all Makers!
chbMAKERS is a gathering place where you can discover new skills, create your own projects and network with other makers in our community.
chbMAKERS is currently located just beyond the YA Department on the 2nd floor. In the fall of 2017 we received a Connecticut State Library Grant which allowed us to create a Makers’ studio with a beautiful mural designed by Toni Miraldi.
A generous anonymous gift, funding from GE Capital and fundraising efforts by the CH Booth Library’s Board of Trustees allowed us to purchase the equipment and supplies. chbMAKERS provides free access to new technologies and materials that allow you to learn new skills, create your own projects and connect with other makers in the community.
The chbMAKERS’ Corner is stocked with an array of devices to provide users with options to explore a variety of new technologies. Once you’ve been trained on using some or all of the equipment you’ll be able to make an appointment to use the equipment on your own. Some of the equipment is available for home use. Please call the library at 203-426-4533 for availability.
What we have:
- Afinia H480 3D Printer uses ABS filament (Watch a video here)
- Afinia H800 3D Printer uses ABS filament (Watch a video here)
- Arduino Starter Kits
- Button Maker (1.5″, 2.25″ and 3″)
- Cetus 3D printers -uses PLA filament
- Computers with Scratch Tutorials
- Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- Digital Video Camera
- Duct Tape Make & Take Kit
- Green Screen with Studio Lights
- Kapla Blocks
- Kinetic Sand
- Laminator ($0.50/sheet)
- littleBits Educational Package
- Magnetic Blocks
- MaKey-MaKey kits
- Origami Make & Take Kit
- Rainbow Loom Make & Take Kit
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kits
- Sewing Machines (Brother CS-6000i)
- Soldering Irons
- Spheros – App controlled robot balls
- Table Looms (10″ and 15″)
- Coming soon:
- ClearClick – convert any video tape to DVD
- Audio Recorder – convert from casettes and LPs to MP3s and CDs
- Vidbox – transfer VHS, Beta, 8MM and more
Sign up for 3D printer and/or Cricut training by calling the library at 203-426-4533
Already trained? Schedule time on the 3D printer and the Cricut at the number listed above.