Friends of the C.H. Booth Library
25 Main Street
Newtown, CT 06470
203 270 4537
Come spend time in the company of good books and interesting people, all in the service of supporting your library’s collection, programs and technology. Become a volunteer with the Friends of the C.H. Booth Library!
What do we actually do?
- We stage one of the largest and best-organized book sales in New England every summer.
- We run the Little Book Store, Newtown’s only bookstore, which is open year-round at the library.
- We sell selected books, media and other items online.
Learn more at www.boothbooksale.org.
Qualifications: We seek able adults with
- An interest in books and reading;
- Some knowledge of past and current authors;
- Familiarity with basic fiction genres and non-fiction categories of books;
- Ability to alphabetize;
- Basic computer literacy;
- Dependability; and
- A willingness to learn and be a team player.
Availability and Hours: Friends’ volunteers gather two mornings weekly throughout the year at the library, and some work independently at other times that the library is open.
Training and Orientation: Under the supervision of an experienced volunteer, you’ll learn how to sort, price and box the broad range of items we sell to raise money: books, media, puzzles, games, etc. You’ll learn how to look up the value of items using a hand-held scanner and online resources. It’s like a treasure hunt: Volunteers are always on the lookout for popular, collectible and even rare items among the thousands of donations we receive.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers are also needed to help pick-up donations locally and to transport book sale inventory from the library to the storage facility. Ability to lift heavy boxes and access to a pick-up truck, SUV or other appropriate vehicle are required.
For more information, please send us an email at email@example.com or leave a message at 203-270-4537. Please be sure to include your contact information.