Free downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks available from the C.H. Booth Library!
The library has two downloadabe audiobook services. This page describes the OverDrive downloadable Audiobook and EBook Service. Click here for audiobooks through Recorded Books.
Click on the links at the bottom of this page to get started with OverDrive. Need Help? Please call the Reference Department, 203-426-8552, during library hours or click here for OverDrive Help.
Some basic information:
- The C.H. Booth Library's subscription provides access to over 3,000 downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks to Newtown residents with valid C.H. Booth Library Cards. This is a shared collection through our consortium, Bibliomation. Approximately 30 to 40 titles are added to the collection each month.
- OverDrive titles can be viewed on a wide range of devices from Apple iPhone and iPads to Amazon's Kindles, Barnes & Noble Nooks, Sony eReaders and many more. Click here for a complete listing of compatible eBook devices.
- OverDrive audiobooks can be listened to on a wide range of devices, including Apple iPhones, iPods, and iPads, MP3 players, computers, and more. Click here for a complete listing of compatible Audiobook Devices.
- OverDrive is single-user access. The system will let you know if a copy is immediately available for download or if you will have to place a hold on an item. The system sends an email notification when your download becomes available.
OverDrive Borrowing Policies and Procedures:
- You will be able to check out 5 titles at a time. Length of loan varies by title. OverDrive does allow early check ins on some titles, which means you don't have to wait the full check out period to get another title. Click here for a complete listing of OverDrive Borrowing Policies and Procedures.
Have More Questions?
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions, including Why aren't there more eBook titles?...
Ready to Get Started? Note to first time users: you will have to create an OverDrive account, follow prompts on the log in screens. Click here to start using OverDrive.
Be sure to log in with your account before searching for titles ~ OverDrive will automatically include the CHBooth Patron-Only OverDrive Advantage titles in your search. For more information on the OverDrive Advantage program click here.
We are pleased to be able to provide access to OverDrive downloadable
eBooks and audiobooks through the generous support of
The Friends of the C. H. Booth Library.